Topics and Candidate Papers
- Achievement Gaps, Reasoning and motivation
- Can and how to human's reason about Probabilities?
- Cat Personality
- Detecting or estimating the IQ of Other people...
- Differences in Stress Susceptibility and Resilience
- Evolution of Personality Domains
- Evolution of Schizophrenia
- Happiness and Eudaimonia
- Impact of an Ageing workforce: What can and can't older people do (as well as younger people)?
- Influences on Child Bearing Decisions
- Influences on Childhood IQ
- RT: What is it?
- The Effects and Mechanisms of Stress
- What is the best Measure of intelligence?
How can (and why hasn't) Individual differences psychology provide Biomarkers to Psychiatry?
- Paper: Linden, D. (2013). Biological psychiatry: time for new paradigms. Br J Psychiatry, 202. 166-167. doi. PMID.
Friday : We do need no education?
Friday : What is Social Status?
- moral reasoning and moral foundations
- Kraus, M. W., Piff, P. K., Mendoza-Denton, R., Rheinschmidt, M. L. and Keltner, D. (2012). Social class, solipsism, and contextualism: how the rich are different from the poor. Psychol Rev, 119. 546-572. doi. PMID.
Papers that have been mentioned, which you might present on
- Maccoby. J (2000) Parenting and its Effects on Children: On Reading and Misreading Behavior Genetics. Annual Review of Psychology, 51: 1-27 doi: 10.1146/annurev.psych.51.1.1
- Choi, Y. Y., et al. (2008). Multiple Bases of Human Intelligence Revealed by Cortical Thickness and Neural Activation. Journal of Neuroscience,28 10323-10329
- Maciej Trzaskowski, SGDP early 2013
- Adam Perkins, KCL
- Geoffrey Miller, UMN
- Sex differences in personality (Tom Booth)
- Personality and adding up snps (Lars)
- The biology of Religion: Genes and intelligence (Tim & Stuart)
- GxE intelligence: Causes and Questions (Sophie, Tim)
- All the material comes from participants… so mail suggestions to ku.ca.de|setab.mit#ku.ca.de|setab.mit
Stereotype threat and measurement invariance
- [Wicherts, 2005](http://wicherts.socsci.uva.nl/wichertsST2005.pdf) measurement invariance challenge to stereotype threat. I'm not sure I'm getting his point yet, but I like his attempt to tackle the issue in this way.
- Wicherts, J. M., Dolan, C. V. and Hessen, D. J. (2005). Stereotype threat and group differences in test performance: a question of measurement invariance. J Pers Soc Psychol, 89. 696-716. doi. PMID.
- Wicherts, J. M. (2005). Stereotype threat research and the assumptions underlying analysis of covariance. Am Psychol, 60. 267-269; discussion 271-262. doi. PMID.
Books we might review
- Stanovich, K. E. (2004). The robot's rebellion : finding meaning in the age of Darwin. Chicago ; London, University of Chicago Press.
- Stanovich, P. J., Stanovich, K. E., RMC Research Corporation. and Partnership for Reading (Project). (2003). Using research and reason in education : how teachers can use scientifically based research to make curricular & instructional decisions. Washington, D.C.?, Partnership for Reading (Project), National Institute for Literacy National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services.
- Stanovich, K. E. (2009). What intelligence tests miss : the psychology of rational thought. New Haven, Yale University Press.
Useful Reference Sites
We're moving to a goggle group, but in the mean time you should still subscribe to the old mailing list: send email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "subscribe differential-club" in the body.
page revision: 29, last edited: 14 Mar 2013 14:30